Accordion Hurricane Shutters are designed to cover windows, sliding glass doors or enclose total balconies.
HV Bertha – Accordion Shutter Window Protection
Alutech’s Accordion Hurricane Shutters are designed to cover windows, sliding glass doors or enclose total balconies. Both curved and removable tracks are available to exactly fit your balcony and not take up valuable floor space. The Accordion shutters have been tested to meet or exceed Florida’s building code regulations.
- Built to withstand hurricane force winds
- Made from high quality extruded aluminum and Stainless Steel parts
- Encloses entire balconies with one shutter
- Protect patio doors from rain damage
- Improved Stacking
- More Coverage per Blade
- Fastest Assembly and Installation
- 90° – Corner Mate available
- Reduced “footprint” for balcony enclosures
Accordion Shutters – Bertha High Velocity – Hurricane Testing
These Accordion Shutters have been tested to meet or exceed the most stringent requirements for Hurricane Shutters in the industry, such as :
- Florida Building Code (FBC) Non HVMZ
- Florida Building Code (FBC) HVMZ
- Dade and Broward
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- Miami-Dade County
Accordion Shutters – Bertha High Velocity – Benefits
- Accordion Hurricane Shutters are permanently installed for year round protection.
- They fold back compactly similar to a louvered door and are one or two piece shutters.
- They are installed in front windows and doors, balconies, and large patio openings.
- Accordion Shutters are convenient, and easy to close. They lock from the inside or outside for increased security and protection.
- Accordion Hurricane Shutters are made of aluminum and should be cleaned and lubricated yearly.
- Accordion Shutters are considered one of the strongest shutters available.
- A Special 90° Corner Mate is available to exactly fit your balcony and not take up valuable floor space.
- The new Big Bertha HV features Hurricane Protection for residential and commercial applications.
- The two-blade system is highly versatile and allows flexible use of components for both commercial and residential Hurricane Shutter Systems.
The Folding Accordion shutter is the most economical and feature packed shutter available on the market today.
- All Extruded Aluminum Construction
- 5-Point Locking Security System
- Silicone Impregnated Wheel Carriages
- Xylan Coated and Stainless Steel Hardware
- 4/5 Standard Colors
- Dade County Approved Designs Available
- Mechanically Bent radius tracks to fit any shaped balcony
The Vertical Interlocking Blade system gives stability and strength even in the worst possible weather conditions. Each Blade interlocks into the next with a sure locking design and are made from Heavy Duty Extruded Aluminum. All hardware is Xylan coated to prevent rust and oxidation. Each Accordion shutter is made with Engineered Wheel Carriage assemblies in the top. These wheel carriages utilize silicone impregnated wheels for easy gliding within the top mounted extruded aluminum tracks. This makes even very large shutters easy to open and close. The Accordion Shutter system also comes with a 5-point locking system that gives maximum security to the covered opening.
The key lock uses a special numbered key unique to each shutter.
Vertical Locking pins are also engaged into the tracks for security and rigidity when the shutter is completely closed.
Accordion shutters are used to enclose entire balconies, to cover sliding glass door and even cover all rectangular windows. The Alutech United Accordion shutter can be custom tailored to you needs.
We offer Window Lites that allow light through the shutter and Mechanically Bent Tracks for odd shaped balconies. The Bent tracks allow the shutters to better fit your balcony layout to maximize valuable deck space or can be used to cover Bay style windows.